Alexandra L. Weiman
Throughout law school, Ali focused for work on family law, juvenile law, and alternative dispute resolution. As a part of the University of Denver's Student Law Office Mediation and Arbitration Clinic, Ali mediated many cases in Denver District Court. Through the mediation clinic she found her passion for helping her clients reach amicable resolutions outside the courtroom. With a focus on settlement, Ali provides her clients with a realistic understanding on the court process and the benefits of alternative dispute resolution.
After her first year of law school, Ali had the honor of working for Judge William Robbins in Denver District Court on a domestic relations docket. Under Judge Robbins, Ali researched and drafted orders on various issues, including: dissolution of marriage, allocation of parental responsibilities, child support, protection orders, and contempt citations. She also reviewed motions, researched relevant case law, and prepared summaries of legal arguments for Judge Robbins. During law school Ali also externed for the Colorado Juvenile Defender Coalition. At the CJDC, Ali researched the implications and effects of legislative hearings and conferences on two Senate Bills regarding Colorado's Youthful Offender System. Ali also worked to help secure effective assistance of counsel for juveniles currently incarcerated in Colorado.
Ali served as the Vice-President of the Student Trial Lawyers Association, the largest student run organization at the law school. Ali helped plan the yearly trial competitions, secure funding for the organization, and also served as a student judge during all competitions. She also received second place in the American Bar Association Negotiation Competition at DU and went on to compete at the regional competition in San Francisco.
She was the recipient of the Scholastic Excellence Award, awarded to the student with the highest grade in the class who demonstrated superior understanding of the class material, in Psychiatry and the Law. Prior to law school, Ali worked for a political consulting firm assisting on Hickenlooper's re-election.
Ali is a Denver native who enjoys traveling, running, and anything crafty.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Divorce and Separation
- Allocation of Parental Responsibility
- Family Law Appeals
- Child Custody and Support
- Protection Orders
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Colorado, 2014
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 2014
- Honors: Scholastic Excellence Award, Psychiatry and the Law
- Honors: Student Law Office Mediation and Arbitration Clinic
- Honors: Judge William Robbins in Denver District Court, Clerk
- Honors: Colorado Juvenile Defender Coalition, Extern
- University of Colorado, Boulder
- B.A. - 2011
- Honors: College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s List
- Honors: School of Communication Honor Student
- Major: Communication
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section (CBA FLS), Member, 2014 - Present
- Adams/Broomfield Bar Association (ABBA), Member, 2015 - Present
- Denver Bar Association Young Lawyer Division (DBA YLD), Member, 2014 - Present
- Student Trial Lawyers Association (STLA), Vice President , 2012 - 2013
- University of Colorado’s Elected Leadership Committee, 2008 - 2010
Pro Bono Activities
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers (MVL), Volunteer, 2015 - Present
- Mediation and Arbitration Clinic, Student Mediator in Denver District Court, 2013 - 2014