Gene A. Ciancio
is a founding shareholder of Donelson Ciancio & Grant, P.C., and co-leader of the Litigation Group. Mr. Ciancio specializes in the areas of: Criminal Law; Personal Injury; Wrongful Death; Liquor Licensing and Civil Litigation. Gene brings close to 40 years of legal experience and confidence to his cases.
Gene was born and raised in the North Metro area, and has practiced law here for the majority of his career. He is proud to have earned the highest possible rating (AV) from Martindale-Hubbell®, known as the "lawyers dictionary." Mr. Ciancio says "I am legal ‘triage'. If you have a legal problem, call me and I will get you to the right person, in or out of our firm."
Gene received his B.A. from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1969, and his Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from the University of Denver in 1971. He was admitted to the Colorado Bar in 1972.
Following in the footsteps of his parents, Frank and Mary Ciancio, who made such a significant and lasting impact on the community that they were affectionately called "Mr. and Mrs. Adams County," Gene has stepped up to serve a vast array of causes and received recognition, including:
- Member of the Judicial Performance Commission, 17th Judicial District (Chairman) 2006-Present
- Adams County Drug Court, Advisory Committee, 2012-Present
- Metropolitan Football Stadium District, Board of Directors, 1997-Present
- Westminster Legacy Foundation, Board member, 2008-2010
- Key fundraiser for the Community Reach Center
- Chairman of Election Campaign to approve a new Justice Center for the 17th Judicial District, 1991-1998
Municipal Court Judge, City of Thornton, Colorado 1979-1995
- Judicial Selection Commission for the Seventeenth Judicial District, Member, 1976-1982
- Adams Community Mental Health Center
- President, Board of Directors, 1990-1993
- Board of Directors, 1980-1984
- Adams County Mental Health Foundation, President of Board, 1979-1985
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, Board of Governors, 1976-1977
- Adams County Bar Association, Vice President, 1973-1974; President, 1975-1976
- Named to the Colorado Super Lawyers list, 2012 & 2013
- Nominated for the Primo Award of Excellence: Attorney of the Year Award, 2012
- Access Housing Humanitarian of the Year Award, 2008
Colorado Bar Association; Adams/Broomfield Bar Association; Denver Bar Association
Education & Admissions:
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D., 1971; University of Colorado, Boulder, B.A., 1969
- Admissions: Colorado, 1972
Criminal Law; Liquor Licensing Issues (New Licenses and Violations); Personal Injury Law; Civil Litigation; Juvenile Law; Professional Malpractice and Administrative Law
303.450.1665 | f.