Jonathan J. Bereman
Jonathan Bereman is a family law attorney with Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C. Jon joined the firm in 2020 following six years in Chicago, Illinois, where he became one of the most experienced and highly acclaimed young divorce attorneys. Jon has developed a reputation for guiding his clients through high conflict situations with a calm and reasonable approach with the goal of negotiating an advantageous settlement wherever possible. He is also an accomplished litigator who vigorously defends his client’s interests in court. Jon prides himself in demanding nothing but excellence in properly, intelligently, and honorably representing his clients who come to a divorce attorney for help.
From 2018 – 2020 Jon has been named a Colorado Super Lawyers “Rising Star.” From 2015 – 2019, he was also named an “Emerging Lawyer” by the Leading Lawyers Network. Super Lawyers recognizes lawyers who represent the top 2.5%, and the Leading Lawyers Network recognizes lawyers who represent the top 2%, of all lawyers who are under the age of 40 or practicing less than 10 years. Both awards are peer-recommended and select top lawyers based on their legal skills, reputation, and experience.
Throughout his career, Jon has been the lead attorney successfully securing decisions for his clients, including a $138,000 child support judgment that was affirmed on appeal. He has negotiated hundreds of other favorable outcomes involving complex issues of business valuations, characterization of marital and non-marital assets of multimillion-dollar estates, child support, maintenance, and highly contested child related matters.
Jon’s practice is deeply rooted in his dedication to the service of others. He has worked as a volunteer attorney and a member on the Associate Board at the Legal Aid Society of Metropolitan Family Service, and as a volunteer attorney at Centro San Juan Diego of the Archdiocese of Denver. While in law school he also received the Commitment to Community Award in recognition of his work at the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office and Federal Public Defender’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio.
Jon grew up in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and graduated from Indiana University in Bloomington. He also spent two years at Indiana Institute of Technology, where he was a member of the 7-time NAIA National Championship baseball team. When out of the office, Jon enjoys spending time with his wife, daughter, and his wheaten terrier, traveling, hiking, and occasionally watching a Seattle Mariners or Indiana Hoosiers game.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Allocation of Parental Responsibilities
- Child Support
- Protection Orders
- Post-Decree Modifications of Custody, Child Support, and Maintenance
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2013
- Colorado, 2019
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. – 2013
- Indiana University , Bloomington
- B.S. – 2010
- March 2015 Illinois Trial Court Divorce Digest, Notice, A Nullity
- 2018 IL App (1st) 1172237-U, Judgment Affirmed
- Speaker at the University of Chicago’s Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) program
Honors and Awards
- Colorado Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” 2018 – 2020
- Leading Lawyers Network “Emerging Lawyer,” 2015 – 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA)
- Denver Bar Association (DBA)
- Illinois Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- The Harris Law Firm, 2019 – 2020
- Hoffenberg and Block, LLC, 2016 – 2019
- Birnbaum, Haddon, Gelfman & Arnoux LLC, 2014 – 2016
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Aid Society of Metropolitan Family Service, Associate Board Member and Volunteer Attorney
- Centro San Juan Diego of the Archdiocese of Denver, Volunteer Attorney