Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C.
Book Now

Denver (303) 395-4773 Broomfield (303) 872-8919

Breckenridge (970) 285-3077 Toll-Free (800) 746-3560

We want to assure you during these challenging times that Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C. is open for business and providing our full range of legal services. Our attorneys, paralegals, and staff are available to meet with you for new and existing legal matters by conference call and video conferencing. Please call our main line at 303-451-0300 and we will get you connected. We are here to assist you with all of your ongoing legal needs.

Leaders in Litigation

Man may face 15 years in prison for overdue child support

When Denver parents divorce or separate, they must often contend with issues of child support. Some may face emotional and financial problems with making these payments in accordance with their child support guidelines, but it is exceptionally important that these people make every effort to stay current. When accounts become seriously overdue, law enforcement officials and the court system may enter the equation, leading to severe consequences for delinquent payors.

One Chicago man’s delinquency in paying his child support may result in a 15-year prison sentence. The issue dates back to 2007, when he was initially required to make monthly payments amounting to approximately $1,000. These were intended to help provide for his two minor children. Since that time, he has fallen behind in his payments, which has resulted in a remedial contempt order and a warrant for his arrest. At this point he owes almost $100,000.

According to reports, the man last made a payment in 2008, in the amount of $100. This report does not indicate whether he ever made his payments consistently, or whether the delinquency resulted from a loss of employment.

Child support is an important responsibility for non-custodial parents, as the failure to make such payments can lead to serious penalties. However, there are options available for those who are having legitimate difficulties with their support payments. If you are in danger of becoming a delinquent payor, you may find it beneficial to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you determine the best way to navigate the issues you are having with your child support requirements.

Source: Leader-Telegram, “Chicago man owes $100K in overdue child support,” April 25, 2014. 

Email us your case details

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Broomfield Office
390 Interlocken Crescent
Suite 350
Broomfield, CO 80021

Toll Free: 800-746-3560
Phone: 303-872-8919
Fax: 303-464-8000
Broomfield Law Office Map

Denver Office
1660 Lincoln Street
Suite 2000
Denver, CO 80264

Toll Free: 800-746-3560
Phone: 303-395-4773
Denver Law Office Map

Breckenridge Office
106 North French Street
Suite 230
Breckenridge, CO 80424

Toll Free: 800-746-3560
Phone: 970-285-3077
Breckenridge Law Office Map

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.