David C. Turner is Of Counsel with Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C. David’s practice is focused 100% on litigation, providing representation along the Front Range, the greater Denver area, and throughout the State of Colorado. David’s areas of practice are Family Law, Personal Injury, and Criminal Defense – ranging from traffic violations to homicide.
In law school, David was a Colorado Supreme Court Intern, researching Petitions of Certiorari for Supreme Court Justices and also interning in the Office of the Colorado State Public Defender’s Office. David started his legal career as a Deputy State Public Defender and remained with the State Public Defenders Denver Trial Office for 11 years before entering private practice. David has represented clients charged with DUI, assault cases, low-level and high-level drug felonies, sex assault cases, gun cases, COCCA cases and a number of homicide cases. David feels comfortable going to trial on most any criminal charge.
David received his undergraduate degree from Colorado College in 1997, with a B. A. in History. While at Colorado College, David played varsity lacrosse, was a white-water rafting guide, and had the unique experience of running the Zamboni as a work study program.
After graduating from Colorado College, David lived and worked in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, as an English language instructor. Upon his return, he continued to teach English as a second language in Denver. David attended the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and earned his Juris Doctor in 2004. The University of Denver Sturm College of Law annually award a J.D. student who has demonstrated academic merit and/or financial need with Charles C. Turner and David C. Turner Endowed Scholarship, named after David and his father.
David is a native of Colorado having grown up in Denver. He graduated from East High School in 1993. His extended family, including his parents and two brothers also still reside in Denver. When David is not in the courtroom, he can be found playing tennis, fly fishing, or watching his kid’s numerous sporting events.
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Colorado, 2005
- S. District Court District of Colorado, 2005
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- D. – 2004
- Colorado College, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- A. – 1997
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Colorado Bar Foundation, Fellow
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA), 2004 – Present
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2004 – Present
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member, 2004 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member
- David Turner Law, LLC
- Springer & Steinberg, P.C.
- Office of the Colorado State Public Defenders
- Office of the Colorado State Public Defenders Denver Trial Office