Max L. Eckstein is the Chief Operating Officer with Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C. (CCB). Responsible for handling the overall day-to-day operations of the firm, collaborating with the Managing Shareholder and Shareholders to further develop and realize the firm’s vision and overall strategic plan. Max continues to build upon an already great firm culture, obtaining and retaining the best clients, and other growth initiatives for the firm.
Max is also a veteran business developer with years of experience helping business owners, professionals, and clients find their own success stories and build relationships. He is skilled at helping owners drive value, develop, and execute growth strategies, and successfully close transactions with the highest value.
Prior to his position at CCB he was a Vice President and Director of Business Development at The Forbes M+A Group, a Director of Business Development at RSM (formerly McGladrey LLP), where he was responsible for understanding client needs and bringing together the right combination of resources to achieve their goals. He also honed his business and legal skills working for the law firms of Donelson Ciancio & Grant, P.C. and the Joffe Law Firm.
Max graduated with a J.D. from University of Dayton School of Law and served as a Director at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. He has a bachelor’s degree in business management and marketing from Central College in Pella, Iowa where he also was a quarterback. Concurrently, Max studied business at the University of London and political science at the University of Havana.
He is a former board member with the Denver Advisory Board (DAB), a C-suite business group comprised of owners and community leaders. Max also served as a board member of Legal Marketing Association – Southwest Chapter where he previously acted as Board President. He has been a guest lecturer at the University of Colorado School of Law and the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Max firmly believes in giving back to the community. With a small group of motivated individuals, The Mile High Country Q & Brew was founded on the principle that together they could make a significant impact on the lives of children by raising awareness and money for Tennyson Center. To date they have raised over $1.5M benefiting abused and neglected kids at Tennyson Center for Children. Furthermore, he has volunteered his time working with Junior Achievement, Adams County Public Schools, and the Denver Advisory Board.
In his limited free time, you will likely find him outside… skiing in winter, mountaineering, running, or on a bike in summer. He also enjoys family time with his wife, daughter, and twin boys when not traveling with his Australian Rules Football teammates on the Denver Bulldogs.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Transactional Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
- Internet & Digital Media
- Management Consulting
- Outdoor Industry
- Professional Services
- Software, SaaS, & Services
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor (CM&AA), 2017
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. – 2006
- Honors: Brother Fritz Community Service Award
- Honors: Pro Bono Commitment to Community Award
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award (writing)
- Central College of Iowa, Pella, Iowa
- B.A. – 2000
- Major: Business and Marketing
- University of London, Business Management
- University of Havana, Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Brother Fritz Community Service Award, 2006
- Pro Bono Commitment to Community Award, 2006
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, 2006
- Boys State Participant – Iowa, 1996
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Companies to Watch (CCTW) – Sponsorship Committee/Ambassador
- Colorado CEO Forum – Sponsorship Representative Committee
- C3 Outdoor Companies – Founding Sponsor
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA) – Rocky Mountain Chapter Member
- Emerging Companies – Member
- Denver Advisory Board – Past Board Member/Community Outreach Chair/Community Volunteer
- CoBiz/BOK Advisory Board – Past Member
- Advisors Mastermind Group – Denver Member
- L.E.G. Quarterly Group – Denver Founding Member
- LMA Legal Marketing Association – Southwest Chapter Past President
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA) – Business Law Member
- Mile High Q & Brew benefiting Tennyson Center for Children – Board Member/Auction Chair
- Tennyson Center for Center – Development Committee/Programs Chair
- Adams County Public Schools – Bill of Rights/Constitution Day Volunteer
- Junior Achievement- Rocky Mountain, Inc. – Volunteer for JA Finance Park; JA Stock Market
- Challenge; JA Bowl-A-Thon; & JA Business Week – Mocktails
- UDSL University of Dayton School of Law Alumni Group – Denver area contact for Career Development
- CUI Central College Alumni Group
- University of Dayton School of Law, Juris Doctorate: Executive President – Student Bar Association (SBA) 2005-06; Vice President of SBA 2003-05; Vice President – Volunteer Student Lawyers Project (VSLP) 2005-06, also, Founding Member, Board Member, & Training Coordinator; Fundraising for Sports Law Society – University of Dayton School of Law (UDSL); and member of Academic Excellence Program (UDSL)
- Central College, B.A. Business and Marketing: Central College Business Organization; Resident Advisor and counselor; Spanish Foreign Language member; Career Development Society. Collegiate football athlete; Central Varsity Athletic Organization; Founding member H.E.L.P. Student Counseling Organization; Committee volunteer for two Presidential campaigns. Head Basketball Coach for Pella Middle School; and Counselor at John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Business Camp