Melinda, or Mindy as she is better known, is a member of Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C. family law team. Mindy comes to CCB from a boutique firm that specialized in family law and probate. Before that, Mindy worked as a staff attorney at the Colorado Court of Appeals for almost 20 years. She specialized in cases involving all aspects of family law, dependency and neglect, and workers’ compensation. The issues she addressed ran the gamut from adoption and paternity to complex financial matters. Her cases often required resolution of constitutional issues and issues of first impression.
In addition to her work at the court and in private practice, Mindy has presented or co-presented at several seminars, including the Colorado Family Law Institute, where she spoke on “Appellate Practice 101,” a CLE seminar held at the Denver Juvenile Court on “Tips and Themes for Dependency and Neglect Appeals,” and at the Colorado Elder Law Retreat on “Grey Divorce.” Mindy also serves as a member of the Board of Law Examiner’s Law Committee, which oversees administration of the Colorado Bar Exam.
Mindy completed her undergraduate degree with distinction at the University of Colorado in English Literature, where she was inducted as a member of Phi Beta Kappa, was on the Dean’s List all four years, and received the Dean’s Scholarship. She earned her law degree from the University of Colorado School of Law, where she received the Moses Lasky Scholarship and the American Jurisprudence Award for Torts and Legal Seminar. After law school, Mindy was a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Dale P. Tursi, and the Honorable John A. Criswell, both of whom served on the Colorado Court of Appeals.
Mindy is a fourth-generation Denver native. She and her husband, an architect, have raised two daughters in their historic Denver square home. Mindy enjoys time with family and friends, travel, museums, hiking, fiction, and films. At CCB, she strives to serve her clients with compassion, patience, and the skill necessary to guide them through the dissolution and post-decree process as painlessly and efficiently as possible.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Divorce and Separation
- Allocation of Parental Responsibility
- Family Law Appeals
- Child Custody and Support
- Colorado, 1988
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Top 11%
- Honors: Moses Lasky Scholarship
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award-Torts and Legal Seminar
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: English Literature
- “Grey Divorce,” Colorado Elder Law Retreat, 2016
- “Tips and Themes for Dependency and Neglect Appeals,” Denver Juvenile Court, 2014
- “Appellate Practice 101,” Colorado Family Law Institute, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA)
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Denver Bar Association (DBA)
- Colorado Board of Law Examiner’s Law Committee
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers (MVL), Board Member
Past Employment Positions
- Colorado Court of Appeals, Honorable Dale P. Tursi, Judicial Law Clerk
- Colorado Court of Appeals, Honorable John A. Criswell, Judicial Law Clerk
- Phi Beta Kappa