Protecting The Rights Of Those Charged With DUI And Other Traffic Offenses
DUIs and related offenses can pose a serious impediment to your driving privileges. A conviction can result in a range of penalties from hefty fines and license suspension to jail time and installation of an ignition interlock device.
Your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) at the time of the offense will determine the level of offense as well as the potential penalties:
- Underage DUI: .02 and above.
- DWAI (driving while ability impaired): .05 to .079.
- DUI (driving under the influence): .08 and above.
- Ignition interlock device: .17 and above, and .05 or above for those with multiple offenses.
- Mandatory jail (first-time offenders): .2 and above for 1st offense, and mandatory jail for all multiple offenses.
Both DUI and DWAI can result in loss of your driving privileges and, as noted above, installation of an ignition interlock device for two years. This burdensome device requires you to blow into a Breathalyzer before the vehicle will start.
Contrary to what many people think, drunk driving is not the only way of getting a DUI/DWAI. You can also be arrested and charged for driving under the influence of marijuana, painkillers, sleep aids, and other types of drugs that impair your abilities, even if you had a valid prescription for them.
Seasoned Defense Attorneys
At Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C., our Broomfield-based DUI and traffic violations defense lawyers have more than 40 years of combined experience. We have served as prosecutors in Adams County, and one of our attorneys is a former municipal judge. As a result of this outstanding experience, we have handled countless DUI, DWAI, and traffic cases from both sides of the courtroom.
We draw on a wealth of collective insights to provide exceptional criminal defense representation.
Traffic violations can have a serious impact on your driving privileges. Colorado uses a points system to determine how a violation will impact your license. If you acquire a certain number of points within a 12-month period, you could face license suspension or revocation in addition to steep fines.
We capably handle all types of traffic offenses, including:
- Speed contests
- Reckless or careless driving
- Driving without a license
- Driving without insurance
- Vehicular assault and homicide
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Eluding a police officer
- Failure to stop for a school bus
- Failure to yield to emergency vehicles
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or marijuana