Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C.
Book Now

Denver (303) 395-4773 Broomfield (303) 872-8919

Breckenridge (970) 285-3077 Toll-Free (800) 746-3560

We want to assure you during these challenging times that Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C. is open for business and providing our full range of legal services. Our attorneys, paralegals, and staff are available to meet with you for new and existing legal matters by conference call and video conferencing. Please call our main line at 303-451-0300 and we will get you connected. We are here to assist you with all of your ongoing legal needs.

Leaders in Litigation

State tries to work with parents who cannot afford child support

Divorced Denver couples with children often incorporate child support guidelines into their divorce settlements. While some parents can rely on these payments, others are constantly faced with a former partner’s failure to pay child support. To combat such issues, some states take a proactive stance toward collecting delinquent support payments, making efforts to ensure that the payments will be on-time in the future.

Maryland’s Department of Human Resources recognizes that there is a difference between parents who are refusing to make child support payments and those who are unable to make them. The state agency is cracking down on the former, but is also attempting to help and work with the latter. These efforts include initiatives that are carried out via the Non-custodial Parent Employment Program, which provides job training and readiness for parents who are struggling to make their support payments.

Parents who have gone through state department’s employment program have made nearly $100 million in child support payments since the program’s inception in 2007. Due to its efforts in obtaining back child support payments, Maryland is now one of the top 10 in the country for recovering deficient amounts.

There can be a number of reasons that parents do not fulfill their financial obligations to their children. Sometimes this is the result of an obstinate refusal to pay, but in other instances parents simply cannot afford to make their monthly contributions. If you are worried about your ex-spouse’s failure to pay child support, you may want to speak with an attorney to determine your most viable legal options.

Source: The Baltimore Sun, “Review finds state’s child support collection efforts improved,” Yvonne Wenger, Apr. 8, 2014

Email us your case details

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Broomfield Office
390 Interlocken Crescent
Suite 350
Broomfield, CO 80021

Toll Free: 800-746-3560
Phone: 303-872-8919
Fax: 303-464-8000
Broomfield Law Office Map

Denver Office
1660 Lincoln Street
Suite 2000
Denver, CO 80264

Toll Free: 800-746-3560
Phone: 303-395-4773
Denver Law Office Map

Breckenridge Office
106 North French Street
Suite 230
Breckenridge, CO 80424

Toll Free: 800-746-3560
Phone: 970-285-3077
Breckenridge Law Office Map

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.